|Yapton and District Cottage Gardeners' Society|
are always very keen to encourage children to join in our activities.
We hope they enjoy and learn from having a go at gardening,
cooking or craft activities. In each of our shows, we have
competitions especially for children. They vary from one show to
the next and include challenges like making a miniature garden in a
seed tray, baking some butterfly cakes or making a monster out of
vegetables. Classes coming up at the next show are (class numbers shown in brackets):
74. A decorated crispbread—judged on decoration 5 years and under
75. A kitchen in a shoebox 5 years and under
76. Four cheese straws 6 to 10 years old
77. A pop group in a shoebox 6 to 10 years old
78. A round sponge cake (approx. 210mm ) 11 - 16 years old
79. “Imagination” - made from recycled materials 11 - 16 years old
Some of our members support the local primary school in Yapton by helping the children with their Victorian garden.